Full Feature Satellite Phones
Venturing into remote areas for work or for play can be hazardous. Stay Safe – Stay Connected. For remote areas that may have little to no cellular connectivity, Pacific CoastCom can recommend a Satellite Solution for you on the Iridium network.
Whether you are working or traveling in an area with a limited or no cellular signal, or you need a reliable back up mode of communication for emergency preparedness, satellite phones offer voice communications and low-speed data functions, such as email and text messaging. These handheld devices are designed for easy portability and provide GPS tracking too.
Click here for more information on how to choose your satellite phone.
Satellite Text and Emergency Alert
Whether on a remote job site or on a wilderness expedition, you will want the ability to check-in or call for help if you need it. Satellite text messaging devices like the inReach 2 Way Communicator is an affordable, satellite option. For a small monthly fee, send and receive text messages, enable GPS tracking or send an SOS to alert search and rescue from almost anywhere in the world.
inReach is priced at only $395 and plans start at just $15 per month. Get in touch today to get yours now.
The inReach SE provides 100% pole to pole coverage via the Iridium Satellite Network, with no gaps, fringe or weak signal areas.
The inReach SE features an on-board color screen to work with a virtual keyboard to send & receive free form text and email messages, operate service modes, and configure user settings without the need for a companion device.
Additional features include:
- A small, pocket size form factor
- Intuitive LED indicator for satellite availability
- A long lasting rechargeable lithium battery
- Waterproof, dustproof (IP -67) and impact resistant (Mil. Std 810F)
In standalone mode, services include:
- Interactive SOS
- Broadcast to emergency dispatch SOS alerts with automatic GPS location tracking. Custom 2 way text messaging directly with the emergency response centre to describe your situation in detail, improve emergency response and stay in touch for mutual status updates.
- Send and receive text messages
- Send and receive 160 character free-form text messages to and from cellular phones, email contacts and other inReach users.
- View incoming messages directly on screen.
- Send inReach messages
- Send simple, predefined text messages to email and cell phone contacts for anticipated situations.
- Two-way tracking
- Broadcast your GPS tracking waypointsin real-time and share your breadcrumb trail with friends and family via DeLorme’s Internet-based MapShare page.
- Tracking waypoints report GPS location, speed, heading and elevation.
- Tracking intervals can be configured between 10 minutes and 4 hours.
- Remotely initiated pinging and tracking allow friends and family back home to locate the inreach user’s location upon demand
- Delivery confirmation on all messages sent via built in LED and icon indicators to ensure maximum reliability
All messages sent from inReach include the user’s GPS coordinates to let your contacts know your exact location.
Convert your mobile device or tablet into a satellite communicator with the DeLorme Earthmate application. DeLorme’s free EarthMate app. can be downloaded to Apple iOS or Android-based smartphones to use inReach in paired mode. The Bluetooth wireless connection enables users to operate their inReach devices via their smartphone even when outside of cellular coverage.
The Earthmate app also provides inReach subscribers with unlimited access to downloadable high-res. worldwide topographic maps and North American NOAA nautical charts. Unlike streaming maps on most cellphone apps, downloaded DeLorme maps remain cached in the Earthmate app even when you are outside cellular coverage.
Real-time GPS location, tracking waypoints, and text messages are overlaid on the digital maps for easy navigation and position location from anywhere in the world.
Optional Accessories for the inReach SE include RAM mounting systems and flotation cases.
- Housing: IP -67 water/dust, impact-resistant and rugged
- Length: 2.44 in (62 mm)
- Width: 1.02 in (26 mm)
- Height (including antenna): 5.87 in (149 mm)
- Weight: 7.05oz (200g)
- Operational temperature range: -4F to 140F (-20C to 60C)
- Storage temperature range: -40F to 185F (-40C to 85C)
- Battery charging temperature range: 32F to 113F (0C to 45C)
- GPS accuracy to +/- 5meters
- GPS fix reports position, speed, course, and elevation with each track or message sent
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery average 125 hours battery life
- Colour screen with predictable keyboard for standalone two-way messaging
- SOS lock mechanism complies with RTCM SC-128 for satellite emergency notification devices (SEND)
- Prevents false alarm and supports one-handed gloved operation.
- Pairs via Bluetooth with Apple iOS or Android devices
- 100% Global coverage via the Iridium satellite network
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination centre with 24/7/365 staffing
Iridium offers satellite-connected access points for your smartphone and other wifi devices.
Your Smartphone Will Now Work Everywhere
A personal communications revolution. Break free with the first reliable global connection for voice and data on smartphones and tablets. No worries. No roaming charges. Just connected and in touch, wherever you are, whenever you need. Think of it as your very own global cell tower.
A Personal Communications Revolution
Iridium GO! enables satellite connectivity for your mobile devices where terrestrial networks cannot. Simply ip up the integrated antenna and the battery-powered unit connects quickly and automatically to the Iridium LEO satellite constellation to create an anywhere Wi-Fi hotspot within approximately a 30.5 meter (100 foot) radius. You can easily connect and operate multiple devices within this area using the Iridium GO! application.
Iridium GO! supports a full range of global communications, including:
• Voice Calls
• Email Access
• Social Networking
• Photo Sharing
• SMS Two-way
• GPS Tracking
• SOS Alert
You can take Iridium GO! anywhere. It’s small enough to put in your pocket and, like other Iridium devices, tough enough to withstand rain, sand, dust, and rough use. It can be carried, easily stowed in your backpack, or mounted in vehicles, aircraft, and boats for mobile applications.
Combining the best that both satellite and cellular phones over, Iridium GO! is the best in a whole new category of personal satellite connectivity devices. It is also a powerful development platform optimized for Iridium partners to build applications, extending communication capabilities even further in remote locations.
Iridium GO!™ is an affordable solution for truly global connectivity. It leverages and extends your existing trusted devices, is compatible with Apple® and Android™ operating systems, and eliminates roaming charges. It allows connections to be shared among multiple users and is supported by affordable plans that keep voice and data costs reasonable.
Ready, Set, Go!
Create an instant Wi-Fi hotspot – just flip up the antenna and go!
• Compatible with Apple or Android smartphones/tablets* – download the free Iridium GO! app
• Supports up to 5 mobile devices within a 30.5 m radius (1 network user)
• 100% global satellite coverage with no gaps
• 5.5 hours talk time, 15.5 hours standby
• Data speeds up to 9.6 kbps with use of Iridium Mail & Web app
Contact Pacific CoastCom for details on the monthly rate plans starting at $59 or the prepaid options for seasonal use.