Whether on a remote job site or on a wilderness expedition, you will want the ability to check in or call for help if you need it. Satellite text messaging devices like the inReach 2 Way Communicator is an affordable, satellite option. For a small monthly fee, send and receive text messages, enable GPS tracking or send an SOS to alert search and rescue from almost anywhere in the world.
See what it can do:
inReach is priced at only $395 and plans start at just $15 per month. Get in touch today to get yours now.
The inReach SE provides 100% pole to pole coverage via the Iridium Satellite Network, with no gaps, fringe or weak signal areas.
The inReach SE features an on-board color screen to work with a virtual keyboard to send & receive free form text and email messages, operate service modes and configure user settings without the need for a companion device.
Additional features include:
- a small, pocket size form factor
- intuitive LED indicator for satellite availability
- a long lasting rechargeable lithium battery
- waterproof, dustproof (IP -67) and impact resistant (Mil. Std 810F)
In standalone mode, services include:
- Interactive SOS.
- Broadcast to emergency dispatch SOS alerts with automatic GPS location tracking. Custom 2 way text messaging directly with the emergency respnse centre to describe your situation in detail, improve emergency response and stay in touch for mutual status updates
- Send and receive text messages.
- Send and Receive 160 character free-form text messages to and from cellular phones, email contacts and other inReach users
- View incoming messages directly on screen
- Send inReach messages.
- Send simple, predefined text messages to email and cell phone contacts for anticipated situations
- Two-way Tracking.
- Broadcast your GPS tracking waypointsin real-time and share your breadcrumb trail with friends and family via DeLorme’s Internet- based MapShare page.
- Tracking waypoints report GPS location, speed, heading and elevation
- Tracking intervals can be configured between 10 minutes and 4 hours
- Remotely initiated pinging and tracking allow friends and family back home to locate the inreach user’s location upon demand
- Delivery confirmation on all messages sent via built in LED and icon indicators to ensure maximum reliability
All messages sent from inReach include the user’s GPS coordinates to let your contacts know your exact location.
Convert your mobile device or tablet into a satellite communicator with the DeLorme Earthmate application. DeLorme’s free EarthMate app. can be downloaded to Apple iOS or Android based smartphones to use inReach in paired mode. The Bluetooth wireless connection enables users to operate their inReach device via their smartphone even when outside of cellular coverage. The Earthmate app also provides inReach subscribers with unlimited access to downloadable high-res. worldwide topographic maps and North American NOAA nautical charts. Unlike streaming maps on most cellphone app, downloaded DeLorme maps remain cached in the Earthmate app even when you are outside cellular coverage.
Real-time GPS location, tracking way points, and text messages are overlaid on the digital maps for easy navigation and position location from anyhere in the world.
Optional Accessories for the inReach SE include RAM mounting systems and flotation cases.
- Housing: IP -67 water/dust, impact resistant and rugged
- Length: 2.44 in (62 mm)
- Width: 1.02 in (26 mm)
- Height (including antenna): 5.87 in (149 mm)
- Weight: 7.05oz (200g)
- Operational temperature range: -4F to 140F (-20C to 60C)
- Storage temperature range: -40F to 185F (-40C to 85C)
- Battery charging temperature range: 32F to 113F (0C to 45C)
- GPS accuracy to +/- 5meters
- GPS fix reports position, speed, course, and elevation with each track or message sent
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery average 125 hours battery life
- Colour screen with predictable keyboard for standalone two-way messaging
- SOS lock mechanism complies with RTCM SC-128 for satellite emergency notification devices (SEND)
- prevents false alarm and supports one-handed gloved operation
- Pairs via Bluetooth with Apple iOS or Android devices
- 100% Global coverage via the Iridium satellite network
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination centre with 24/7/365 staffing